Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2005, 10:35 (Ref:1407523)   #1
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heidfeld out for the rest of the season?

Hello! Not sure if this has been posted already, as I'm new to this site.
Heidfeld will not be raicng in Brazil because he's fractured his shoulder while out on a bike, apparently.

Could this work in Williams favour? At least they get to give Pizzonia more racing miles this season. They may need him next year if Button somehow stays at BAR.

I'm surprised BMW don't want Heidfeld for next year, or is he under a two year contract with Williams?

Also, while one about Williams am I the only one who thinks Webber hasn't really delivered this year?
Old 14 Sep 2005, 10:41 (Ref:1407530)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Welcome to the site.

Yes, it looks like Heidfeld is out for the season. He's out for Brazil definitely.

BMW do want Heidfeld for next season, but obviously his availability depends on the Button situation.

And as for Webber, you're not the only one, but you'd better get a tin hat on, I suspect....
Old 14 Sep 2005, 12:06 (Ref:1407607)   #3
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsy
Also, while one about Williams am I the only one who thinks Webber hasn't really delivered this year?

Trust me, you are DEFINITELY not the only one. I am an Aussie, a Webber fan, but I am not going to go there this time round. I'm sure others will though, so I'll just sit back, relax and wait for this thread to turn into a Webber bash.

Now, onto topic, I think it may as well make sense for Heidfeld to sit out the rest of the year. Wait for Rosberg to win the GP2, and give him a run in Japan and China, and see how he goes.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1407639)   #4
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not going to Webber bash, however when people were babbling on about him being a future World Champion and such like I always thought it was all PR. After all he was beaten pretty convincingly by Justin Wilson in F3000 and no-one was talking about him being the next Schumacher. But he's a very capable driver, but perhaps not regular race winner material
Old 14 Sep 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1407678)   #5
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Steering clear of the well-worn anti/pro Webber ground (well, swerving slightly to the side) I'd just like to suggest that Mark himself will provide further response to his critics in the form of mor performances like the Spa one in the remaining races.

Plus - good wishes to Nick Heidfeld. I am a cyclist myself, and lucky enough to have not yet been knocked off by a car driver - I know plenty that have however, and it ain't funny. That's assuming this story is true, and he wasn't "cycling" in the same way that Montoya was "playing tennis"!
Old 14 Sep 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1407681)   #6
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As a neutral observer, I still think Webber needs more time in the Williams car. His performance at Spa race was encouraging.

I don't know what to make of the Heidfeld situation. I suppose its best to sit back and let things unfold.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1407688)   #7
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

NO1SPECIAL has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
call me naive but i believe heidfeld had a headache, and i also believe the cycling accident claim is truthful too....probably
Old 14 Sep 2005, 13:35 (Ref:1407695)   #8
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard it was Webber riding the motorbike....
Old 14 Sep 2005, 13:47 (Ref:1407710)   #9
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
NO NO NO NO, i'm sure he's got an alibi for the time of the accident...a very carefully constructed alibi...
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1407717)   #10
jb59892
Rookie

jb59892 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds to me like some political manovering to get him into BMW early for next year. Sorry for being so cynical
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:02 (Ref:1407719)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Belgium may have been the best Mark has driven all season. He's taken full advantage of having his team-mate gone, and drove a really strong and tactically astute race. More of the same would get a lot of people on his side.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1407726)   #12
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
Sure it wasn't Pizzonia?
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1407732)   #13
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, Ingsy it could be, cause I heard he took another bike out of the road with him too
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1407738)   #14
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On similar lines, I laughed when Ron Dennis said that he wouldn't be too upset if Alonso were to fall over in the bath or something. Perhaps he should get JPM to challenge him to a game of Moto-Tennis.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 14:45 (Ref:1407758)   #15
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen
On similar lines, I laughed when Ron Dennis said that he wouldn't be too upset if Alonso were to fall over in the bath or something. Perhaps he should get JPM to challenge him to a game of Moto-Tennis.
on that, is there anything in jpm's contract that says he can't ride a motorbike? would this be usual?
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:15 (Ref:1407780)   #16
Glen
Veteran

Ron Dennis claimed that there wasn't such a clause. And he always tells the truth.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:37 (Ref:1407801)   #17
Halsey
Racer

Brazil
Tasmania
Halsey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of Ron Dennis, did anyone hear him say this during the weekend?

'Never has a truer word been spoken in jest. "In many ways I'm in awe of Flavio. I've never seen someone win so many races and know so little about a racing car, but it obviously works for him so why change it."'
Old 14 Sep 2005, 15:47 (Ref:1407811)   #18
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, he said it on TV.

He was smiling at the time - it was a very warm endorsement of his fellow team boss.
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:36 (Ref:1407842)   #19
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was myself very critical of Srabbit on another thread when he alluded that NH sitting out of the Belgium GP for medical reasons was just a pretext. The ensuing biking accident nevertheless raised a doubt in my mind: If you cannot race because of a concussion, how can you still go out biking?

I am (normally) not a conspiracy theorist but it is as if someone wanted to bring the message home to FW that NH is no longer keen at driving a Williams just when the decision must be taken by Williams as to whether they exercise their option on NH or not for next season.

I just hope that NH was to step out of his retirement to confirm that he is in fact injured, stopping the rumour mill (or my too fertile imagination).
Old 14 Sep 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1407855)   #20
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

there's definitely fishy overtones but for the moment i've gotta give the guy the benefit of the doubt.
as the saying goes, sh#t happens.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 13:44 (Ref:1408525)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Williams are supposed to make a definite decision on whether they want Nick for next year today, but I think that ideally they want to wait until the Buttongate situation is sorted out for definite, and perhaps until they've seen whether Pizzonia or Nico Rosberg would be a good replacement. It's a shame that Nick is again being juggled around despite his excellent season, but he's still got 3 potentially-good teams interested in him, and it seems unlikely that he won't have a seat when the music stops.
Old 15 Sep 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1408587)   #22
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has Heidfeld been freed by Williams ?

That's the only thing I want to know. Period. No comments on Pizzonia, Rosberg, Button, Weber, or what ever.

The reason I started another thread was to avoid all these fruitless "analysis".
Old 15 Sep 2005, 16:06 (Ref:1408615)   #23
NO1SPECIAL
Racer

Well if the 15th date mentioned is solid then i guess the first indication we might get is a statement by BMW or Nick saying he's their 2006 driver as well as 2007.
I'd think the contact - or whatever they'd call it, is probably written and signed and would kick in if williams fail to keep him on. Maybe they're just waiting for the clock to tick over to midnight?
Old 15 Sep 2005, 22:08 (Ref:1408901)   #24
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
I was myself very critical of Srabbit on another thread when he alluded that NH sitting out of the Belgium GP for medical reasons was just a pretext. The ensuing biking accident nevertheless raised a doubt in my mind: If you cannot race because of a concussion, how can you still go out biking?

I am (normally) not a conspiracy theorist but it is as if someone wanted to bring the message home to FW that NH is no longer keen at driving a Williams just when the decision must be taken by Williams as to whether they exercise their option on NH or not for next season.

I just hope that NH was to step out of his retirement to confirm that he is in fact injured, stopping the rumour mill (or my too fertile imagination).
One can hardly compare riding a bicycle to driving a Formula1 car?
Old 16 Sep 2005, 01:20 (Ref:1408975)   #25
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's ok Louis, you weren't the only one, and funnily enough some of them are here now saying 'hmmm, just maybe...', at least you've put your hand up. Hindsight is wonderful sometimes but I wish I had of put the crux of my whole argument in that other thread, and it was 'Heidfeld will not race in the Williams again this year', and here we are
I'm not going to speculate on the validity of this injury but gee it's awful bad luck to keep suffering race-missing injuries immediately after Frank finds out on the downlow that a deal has been done behind his back....anyway....
Ever done training on a bike Jeremy? OK it isnt a F1 car and it doesnt have G-Forces, but I tell you what - you have to be damn fit and healthy to do it.
I must say I wouldnt mind the opportuniy to see Rosberg have a run though, Ive heard plenty about him but havent actually seen any of his work - but at the same time you have to feel for Pizzonia - he never does much wrong but is always the first to be shafted!